New York City Construction Accident Lawyers
We Handle Complex Construction Accident Cases
Our construction accident attorneys have helped hundreds of injured construction workers throughout the New York metro area. Over the past two decades, we’ve recovered more than $150 million in damages for injured people and families who have lost a loved one to wrongful death. Some notable settlements and jury verdicts that have been achieved by our New York construction accident lawyers include:
- $18,000,000.00 verdict for undocumented worker who fell from a scaffold at a construction site and fractured his ankle, suffered disc herniations and underwent two surgeries.
- $6,600,000.00 granted to construction worker who fell from scaffold sustaining serious injuries.
- $6,000,000.00 awarded to construction worker who fell from ladder while installing window frame.
- $6,000,000.00 granted to construction worker who fell from ladder sustaining serious injuries.
- We invite you to review some of our successful results we’ve achieved for our clients. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Legal Help When Missing Safety Equipment Results in Injury or Death
New York’s Labor Law Sections 240 and 241 and New York Industrial Code rules specify required safety equipment for construction projects. These laws require owners and general contractors to provide safety equipment as part of a safe work environment. Such equipment can include:
- Protective equipment such as safety lines, harnesses, lifelines and tie-offs to prevent falls for those working at heights
- Protection from falling through hazardous openings, such as barriers and safety nets
- Scaffolding, ladders, hoists and stays that are properly installed, stable and adequate for the job at hand
- Shoring and wall supports for those working in excavations or trenches
- Headgear to protect workers and visitors from falling objects
- Protective eyewear
It’s not enough that the safety equipment be on the job site. It must be accessible and there must be no barriers to its use. We have handled cases in which the employer knowingly had employees use equipment without safety harnesses or climb fire escapes onto scaffolding without harnesses. The employees followed the employers’ directions, but when they were injured, the employer blamed the employees.
Through our investigations, we were able to prove that the proper safety equipment was not accessible to the workers and the employer was in direct violation of New York labor laws. We secured significant settlements for these and other clients who were hurt because they were not provided with the tools to do their job safely.*
Talk to an Experienced New York City Construction Accident Lawyer Today
If you or your loved one was hurt in a construction accident because of missing or faulty safety equipment, contact the law offices of Oresky & Associates, pllc.. You can rely on our legal knowledge and experience at both the negotiation table and in a courtroom as our law firm has been fighting to protect injured workers for more than 20 years.
We are committed to getting you the compensation you need after a serious injury. Call (718) 993-9999, to schedule a FREE consultation at our Bronx, Queens or New York City law office. We take New York construction accident cases on a contingency basis. You don’t pay an attorney’s fee until you receive the settlement that is rightfully yours.
The law office of Oresky & Associates, pllc., represents injured workers in New York State, including New York City, the Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn (Kings County), Staten Island (Richmond County), Westchester, Long Island, Suffolk County and Nassau County.
* Prior results do not guarantee a similar future outcome.