When you are leaving your building, going to work, entering a retail store or restaurant, the last thing you may think about is a trip or slip and fall accident. People are injured every day by trips or slips and falls over entrance way carpets or rugs with raised edges, missing tiles, or broken sidewalks. Property and business owners are responsible to maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition.
When you have fallen and are hurt, laying there with a broken wrist or ankle, the last thing you may think about is making a claim or case against the property owner or retail store owner. However once some time has passed there will be significant medical bills to pay, time out of work, and other expenses associated with your accident.
If you are involved in a Slip, Trip and fall accident the following may be helpful:
- Assess your medical condition and call an ambulance if necessary. Often times people go home, and later lack proof of where their accident occurred.
- Ask a friend, or use your cell phone, to take photographs of the condition which caused your accident
- Obtain witness information.
- Make a report if possible.
- Do not make any statements indicating your own fault. The facts of an accident must be investigated before fault can be determined.
Oresky & Associates, pllc. was recognized in the New York Law Journal and in New York Magazine “Top Verdicts & Settlements” during 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 in having some of the highest money settlements and verdicts in New York State for accident cases. Click here to see our case results.
Serving N.Y.C. (Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island), Long Island and Westchester.