Bus accident lawyers in New York City can help determine the bus owner’s and driver’s responsibility for your NYC bus accident. The law firm of Oresky & Associates, pllc handles bus accident cases, including pedestrian knockdown accidents with buses and wrongful death. We understand the stress and frustration you feel after a bus accident and want you to know that we are ready to go to work for you.
As experienced bus accident lawyers, it is our goal to make sure you understand your legal rights and options. We investigate your case, help you file insurance claims for medical expenses and lost wages, prepare your case for the court process, and proceed all the way through jury trial or settlement. Our legal team is experienced in handling personal injury, accident cases, and has won some of New York’s largest settlements and verdicts. We bring forth our experience, hard work ethic, and dedication to all of our clients.
You may be entitled to compensation regardless of your legal status as a citizen or resident.
Call Oresky & Associates, pllc at (718) 993-9999 for a free, no-obligation consultation. A member of our team can meet you at your home or the hospital if it is difficult for you to come to our New York City office.
Our Case Results Speak for Themselves
Attorney Jacob Oresky, our firm’s founder, has been helping injured and disabled people recover compensation and justice for more than 25 years. Our team of lawyers, paralegals, and investigators have obtained multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements in bus and motor vehicle accidents, including:
- $5 million awarded to family members of a pedestrian killed in a school bus accident
- $4.6 million for an injured driver from a multi-vehicle car crash
- $4.5 million awarded to the family of a pedestrian killed by a van
- $3.45 million to a pedestrian struck by a commercial van
- $1.2 million for the wrongful death of a gentleman killed after a hit and run accident
- $998,000 for a seriously injured passenger in an automobile accident
Our bus accident lawyers are dedicated to helping you seek just compensation under New York State laws.
How Oresky & Associates, pllc Can Help With Your Bus Accident
Your first action after a bus accident is medical care. Your doctor may diagnose and treat your injuries as only a qualified healthcare professional can.
Your next step should be to contact the experienced bus accident lawyers with Oresky & Associates, pllc. We are dedicated to our clients and will do our very best to obtain for you the compensation that you deserve. We understand that you are suffering from physical and emotional injuries because of someone else’s negligence. That is why we focus on personalized legal services that goes above and beyond, including:
- 24-hour a day, seven days a week answering service.
- Bilingual staff who are fluent in English and Spanish, with translation services available for clients who speak other languages.
- A full personal injury team including trial lawyers, paralegals, investigators and support staff to prepare your case thoroughly for court or settlement.
- Continued communication with you about your case.
- Assistance with complicated insurance forms for medical care and even accompany you to the doctor if you need translation assistance.
- Complete management of your case to allow you to focus on your health and recovery.
You pay nothing upfront, and we only get paid if we win. Our focus is on your case, your health, and your well-being.
We Help Bus Accident Victims
Bus accidents are more complex than other kinds of motor vehicle accidents. Buses are huge, heavy, and harder to control, which makes injuries from these collisions more likely and more serious. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration reported more than 170,000 Americans were injured in accidents involving buses and trucks in 2017.
A bus accident attorney can help with different types of bus accidents, including those that involve:
- City (MABSTOA) buses
- School buses
- Interstate and intrastate buses
- Motor coaches
- Private buses
Please call our team of experienced bus accident lawyers for help after any kind of bus injury at (718) 993-9999.
We Protect Your Rights After a Bus Accident
New York has complex liability and negligence laws. In some instances, you may be unsure which party bears the fault for the accident, especially if several parties are involved.
You have rights, and Oresky & Associates will protect and exercise them for you. A bus accident lawyer in New York City can help you prove liability to seek compensation for your injuries and losses.
How We Show Liability
Bus accidents happen for a reason. The question become, who is at fault? How do you prove it?
Our legal team can identify the causes and involved parties as we:
- Gather evidence including photographs, witness statements, retain accident reconstruction experts and more.
- During the course of the law suit we will conduct depositions, subpoena witnesses and examine all available evidence.
- Compile medical reports, tests, and evaluations from your doctor.
- File insurance claims with the appropriate carrier(s).
- Prepare your case for trial and / or Negotiate an acceptable settlement.
- Protect your rights throughout with a strong commitment to client service and care.
The law firm of Oresky & Associates, pllc is ready to help you and your loved ones. Our bilingual staff can help gather evidence, interview witnesses, and help you understand the process of proving liability.
When to Call Oresky & Associates, pllc
Like other states, New York has a statute of limitations, or deadline, that limits your time to file a lawsuit. When you are filing a claim against a municipality you must file a notice of claim within very short time limits proscribed by law prior to filing a lawsuit. In addition there are strict time deadlines for filing no-fault benefits. These time limitations may bar your claim no-fault benefits which are provided to cover your medical expenses and lost wages up to certain limits, unless your claim is timely filed. Your notice of claim and law suit must also be filed within strict time limitations
If you have been injured in a bus accident, call Oresky & Associates, pllc right away to determine which time deadlines apply to your case. Allow us the opportunity to protect your claim and fight for your rights.
Compensatory Damages for a Bus Accident
A bus accident often results in extensive injuries that may keep you out of work and your daily routine for weeks, months, or longer. A bus accident lawyer will objectively assess your injuries and damages to pursue compensation for your current and future losses.
Some of the damages associated with a bus accident may include:
- Money damages for past pain and suffering caused by injuries
- Money damages for future pain and suffering caused by injuries
- Medical treatment including ambulance, urgent or emergency care, surgery, specialists, hospitalization, and follow-up care
- Lost union benefits if applicable
- Prescription medicine and medical equipment
- Loss of services
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of companionship, consortium, protection, or guidance
- Wrongful death
You deserve to focus on your health, recovery, and loved ones. Your bus accident lawyer can bring you peace of mind as he/she seeks damages for your expenses and injuries.
How Many Bus Accidents Happen
Bus drivers in New York City, like all drivers, owe other motorists a duty of care to take reasonable measures to operate a bus safely. Bus drivers must undergo extensive training, pass specialized tests, and follow regulations for safe and responsible driving.
Even with strict safety standards, bus accidents happen. They can be caused by:
- Distracted driving (including texting, eating, or drinking while driving)
- Drowsy driving
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Reckless driving including speeding and failure to yield
- Insufficient driver training
You should not have to suffer financially if a careless driver injured you or a family member. Oresky & Associates, pllc will seek to hold the bus company or even a governmental authority accountable for your injuries and damages.
Call Us for a Free Consultation
A bus accident lawyer in New York City is in a unique position to help you seek money damages. Our firm is committed to helping you resolve this situation with client-centered services and fully bilingual staff members.
You deserve a strong legal advocate regardless of your status as a citizen or resident. Please call Oresky & Associates, pllc today for a free, no-obligation consultation by dialing (718) 993-9999.