Construction Accident Lawyer in the Bronx
New York State has strong laws in place to protect construction workers who suffer accidents on the job. Under these laws, injured workers may be able to file a lawsuit against the construction site owner and/or general contractor of the site to collect damages above and beyond those available from workers’ compensation.
Unfortunately, these laws do not necessarily make it easy to win your case. That is where we come in. Our construction accident lawyers in the Bronx at Oresky & Associates, pllc are experienced in representing construction accident victims, from the initial case evaluation through jury trial. Our firm has won over $300 Million Dollars for accident victims in verdicts and settlements. We can help you understand your rights, and obtain for you the compensation that you are entitled to under the law. Our initial consultation is free, and we will not charge you a legal fee unless we win money damages for you. Call us today at 718-993-9999 to schedule a free case review and consultation at the hospital, your home, or one of our convenient offices.
Understanding Your Legal Options After a Construction Accident in the Bronx
If you were working at the time your injuries occurred, you most likely already know about workers’ compensation benefits. These benefits pay out to cover a portion of your expenses and losses related to your accident and injury. This includes:
- Your medical treatment
- Two-thirds of your lost wages up to a set maximum
- Specific losses, such as if you lose the use of a limb
- Funeral and burial expenses, if your family member died in a workplace accident
Workers’ compensation can be a lifesaver for many people, but it does not compensate you for the full value of your losses. If a third party, someone other than through your employer, caused your accident, you have the right to collect the full amount of your damages. In some cases, this is possible by filing a lawsuit and holding the building or construction site owner and/or a contractor accountable for their negligent behavior.
Damages Recoverable Through a Bronx Construction Accident Lawsuit
If we can prove the construction site owner, building owner, or contractor who oversaw your worksite violated the law, we may be able to negotiate a settlement or file a successful lawsuit on your behalf. Once we are able to win liability and prove that the owner and/or general contractor was responsible, a wide range of damages may be recovered.
Damages you might be entitled to include:
Money Damages for Pain and Suffering
- A jury award for past and future pain and suffering over your lifetime.
Medical Care Costs
- Medical treatment costs not covered by workers’ compensation
- Ongoing and future care costs
- Additional equipment, such as prosthetic devices or wheelchairs
Other Economic Expenses
- Lost wages not covered by workers’ compensation
- Diminished earning capacity
- Lost benefits and retirement funds
- Repair or replacement of any damaged personal property
- Related out-of-pocket costs
- Loss of household services
We Work to Get You the Compensation You Deserve After a Construction Accident
The laws that allow us to file a construction accident claim and hold the site owner and/or contractor liable are complicated, and the legal teams representing the negligent parties will fight tooth and nail to avoid paying out the money you deserve. This is why you need a solid case to support your fight for the compensation you deserve. When you enlist our help with your construction accident case in the Bronx, we can handle every step of the process for you.
As a part of navigating this process, we will:
- Investigate your case and photograph the accident scene
- Interview witnesses
- Gather medical documentation to prove your injuries
- Collect Income Tax documentation and union benefit plans to prove your losses
- Manage communication with any insurance companies
- Protect your right to full compensation
- Explain your options for getting the settlement you are entitled to
- File your case in Court, prepare you every step of the way through trial
We will use our years of experience handling construction accidents to get you the compensation you deserve. Some construction accident settlements and verdicts we have won for our clients include:
- $18 million verdict for an undocumented worker who fell off scaffolding at a construction site
- $7.5 million settlement for an undocumented worker who fell off a sidewalk bridge
- $6.6 million settlement for an iron worker
- $6 million settlement for a worker injured in a fall while installing a window
- $6 million award for a construction worker injured in a ladder accident
- $5 million won by demolition worker as well as many other settlements and verdicts
Talk to a Construction Accident Lawyer in the Bronx Today
At Oresky & Associates, pllc, our Bronx construction accident team will use our 25+ years of experience to get you the compensation you need and deserve after a construction accident — no matter your legal status. No corporation is too big to hold liable for your damages.
We are fluent in Spanish and can handle your case every step of the way. Our goal is to make this process as easy as possible for you. We can meet you at your house, the hospital, or another location that is convenient for you. We not only take on cases in the Bronx, but also in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester counties.
Call us today at 718-993-9999 to schedule a free consultation.