ITHACA, NY – A construction worker is recovering in the hospital after falling five stories and landing in a dumpster Monday evening.
According to WSYR-TV, the incident occurred shortly after 5 p.m. at a job site located at 709 West Court Street. The 37-year-old man had unhooked the fall protection he was wearing as he prepared to head home following his shift.
He fell about five stories from the roof of the building and suffered severe injuries to his neck and arm. Officials with the City of Ithaca estimate the distance was between 45 and 55 feet.
Emergency crews transported the worker via ambulance to Robert Packer Trauma Center in Sayre, Pennsylvania. His current condition is unknown, and his identity has not been released. Ithaca Police are continuing to investigate the incident.
New York Construction Accident Lawyer
In New York, construction involves heavy equipment such as cranes, hoists, scaffolds, and ladders. A fall from a significant height could result in severe, catastrophic, or fatal injuries.
At Oresky & Associates, PLLC, our New York construction accident lawyers provide compassionate, knowledgeable legal representation to help injured workers get the compensation they need and deserve. Here are just some of the hundreds of results we’ve obtained for people in similar situations to yours:
- $7.5 Million settlement for an undocumented worker who fell off a sidewalk bridge and suffered herniated discs requiring multiple surgeries.
- $6.6 Million verdict for a construction worker who fell from a scaffold and sustained serious injuries.
- $6 Million for a worker who fell from a ladder while installing a window frame.
- $5 Million verdict for a demolition worker who was knocked off a ladder by an HVAC duct, fracturing his arm and requiring back surgery.
- $4 Million verdict for a painter who fell through a display case at a store under renovation. The painter was not provided with proper safety equipment.
- $4 Million verdict for a construction worker who was struck by an improperly secured concrete barrier
Contact Our Construction Accident Law Firm in Bronx, NY
If you need legal assistance, contact the Bronx construction accident lawyers at Oresky & Associates, PLLC at your nearest location to schedule a free consultation. One of our dedicated New York construction accident lawyers will put this experience to work for you.
We have two convenient locations in New York: