Law Firm Group Photo Group Photo
Over $250 Million Won in
Verdicts & Settlements
for Our Clients
Call Now For A Free Consultation No Fees Unless You Win Free Consultation
Published on:

Do I Have An Accident Case or Workers’ Compensation Case?

WarehouseWorkerInjury2Most first time callers are not certain whether they have an accident case or Workers’ Compensation case through their employer’s insurance company or both. Simply stated, through Workers’ Compensation if you are injured on the job, you may make a claim for medical expenses, lost wages, and in certain cases an award for a scheduled loss of use to a body part. You can receive this money even if you never missed time from work or if you’ve already returned to work.

You may also be able to file a law suit for personal injuries, pain and suffering against a responsible third party. Most people call this an “accident case.”What am I entitled to? An easy explanation is through example. Suppose that you were a construction worker that fell from a ladder or scaffold while working. As a worker injured on the construction site you would be entitled to file a claim for lost wages and medical expenses through your employer’s Workers” Compensation policy. In addition you may also be entitled to file a law suit against the owner of the construction site, and responsible contractors for money damages for pain and suffering, and economic losses.

At Oresky & Associates, pllc.,we will work with your Workers’ Compensation attorneys to ensure the best possible result on both of your claims. For those that don’t have a Workers’ Compensation attorney yet, we recognize that it would be easier for new clients to meet with us concerning their accident case, and in addition have the ability to speak with a Workers’ Compensation lawyer at the same time. Therefore on Wednesdays, we have arranged for the Workers’ Compensation law firm of Pyross & Serres, LLP to have hours at our Bronx Office located at 149 East 149th Street, Bronx, New York 10451.

If you have had an accident and would like to discuss your accident case and Workers’ Compensation case, call us at (718) 993-9999 to schedule a free consultation.

Make the right call,(718) 993-9999, and speak with an experienced accident lawyer or contact our office online to schedule a free consultation.

Contact Information