Finding the Right New York Construction Accident Lawyer
When you’ve been hurt on a construction project, chances are high that your injuries are serious and/or catastrophic. Your whole future may hang in the balance, so it’s critical that you hire the right attorney. You want an experienced and proven lawyer, one who’s demonstrated a career of hard work and dedicated service on behalf of his clients.
Our New York Construction Site Settlements and Verdicts
At Oresky & Associates, we have secured some of the largest construction site personal injury damage awards in the State of New York over the last decade. Here are examples of just a few of the positive results we have obtained for injured construction workers:
- An $18 million verdict for a construction worker injured in a fall from a construction site scaffold, suffering serious back and other injuries
- A $7.5 million settlement for a construction worker who fell off a sidewalk bridge, incurring serious spine injuries
- A $6.6 million settlement in a case involving a fall from temporary scaffolding
- A $6 million award to a construction employee injured in a fall from a ladder
- A $6 million settlement in a case involving a ladder that kicked out causing injuries
- $5.6 million in damages for a construction worker hit by a falling object on the job
- $5 million for a demolition worker who suffered back injuries and fracture after being knocked off a ladder
- $4.4 million to a construction work who fell through an opening in an upper floor at a building construction site
- $4 million to a worker hit by an improperly secured concrete barrier
To see a more extensive list of our past successes, visit our Case Results page.
At Oresky & Associates, we have successfully represented injured construction workers and their families throughout the New York City metropolitan area for more than 25 years. In our decades in practice, we have obtained more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts for people who have been injured because of the carelessness or negligence of others. We know that getting hurt can change everything and we’ll be there to handle all the details, so that you can focus on getting well.
We offer a free consultation to anyone who’s been injured in a New York construction site accident. For a confidential meeting to learn how we can help, contact us online or call our offices at (718) 993-9999.
We Handle All Types of Construction Site Injury Claims
We aggressively fight for construction workers who have been hurt in accidents, including:
- Falls from heights—Falls buildings, from ladders or scaffold, from roofs, elevator shafts, hazardous openings, and other height related accidents.
- Dangerous or defective tools, machinery or equipment, such as hoists that fail or collapse, cranes, harnesses or similar devices which fail to protect the worker. We handle claims involving the failure to provide appropriate guardrails or barriers, to properly assemble and maintain scaffolds and ladders, and to provide proper safety equipment to construction workers performing any task at an elevated height above the ground.
- Falling objects—Injuries resulting from being struck by falling objects, such as cinder blocks, bricks, building materials, equipment, debris, tools or machinery
- Trench collapses or cave-ins -Claims involving workers that are injured due to a failure to properly shore or perform excavation work resulting in a trench collapse.
- Jobsite motor vehicle accidents—Claims involving collisions or pedestrian accidents on a construction site.
When you’ve been hurt on a construction site, we’ll take immediate action to protect your rights:
- We will help you file for Workers’ Compensation benefits to get your lost wages and medical expenses paid.
- We’ll conduct a thorough investigation of the accident, visiting the jobsite, taking witness statements, so that we can prepare and present the most compelling case for your full financial recovery.
- We’ll bring in all necessary expert witnesses, from structural engineers and accident reconstruction specialists to medical professionals and economists, so that we can show a judge and jury exactly what happened, what you’ve lost and what you need to be made whole.
- We’ll carefully examine, evaluate and preserve all evidence to support your claim, and will interview or depose all necessary witnesses.
- We’ll prepare and file all pleadings and other documents required by the courts throughout the legal process.
- We’ll be with you every step of the way to make certain that you and your case are well prepared for trial or settlement.
Our New York construction accident attorneys will help you secure compensation for all your losses, including wages and income, unreimbursed medical expenses, loss of companionship or consortium, and physical pain and suffering. We take claims involving all types of serious and catastrophic loss suffered in a construction site accident, including brain or spinal cord injury, paralysis, back and neck trauma, burns, broken bones, permanent scarring or disfigurement and amputation or loss of limb. We also represent surviving family members in accidental or wrongful death claims arising out of a construction site injury.
Contact the Law Offices of Oresky & Associates, PLLC
Contact us online or call our office at (718) 993-9999 to discuss your concerns with an experienced Bronx, Queens and New York City construction site injury attorney. There’s no charge for your consultation. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We handle all construction site injury cases on a contingent fee basis. We do not charge you any legal fees unless we recover compensation for your losses.
We protect the rights of injured construction workers across the State of New York, from New York City, the Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn (Kings County) and Staten Island (Richmond County) to Westchester, Long Island, Suffolk County and Nassau County.
Listed by the New York Law Journal and New York Magazine
Top Verdicts and Settlements
2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014| 2015 | 2016