Fatal Truck Accident Lawyer New York
Finding The Right Lawyer In A New York City Truck Accident Fatality New York City | Queens | The Bronx
When your loved one has been killed in an accident involving a semi, big rig, 18-wheeler or tractor trailer, you can expect that the truck driver’s insurance company will have a team of investigators on site before the glass hits the pavement. Because the causes of a fatal truck accident can be nearly endless, you need a knowledgeable and experienced attorney protecting your rights as soon as possible. The attorneys at Oresky & Associates, pllc have a comprehensive understanding of all the complex details involved in a fatal truck accident and can aggressively protect your rights.
At Oresky & Associates, pllc, we have recovered more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts for personal injury victims and families throughout the New York City metropolitan area over the last 25 plus years. We know that the death of a loved one will have repercussions in just about every area of your daily life. We’ll help you deal with all of the legal consequences of a wrongful death case, so that you can focus on your family through this difficult time.
Protecting Your Family after a Fatal Truck Accident
In the aftermath of a fatal truck accident, we’ll move quickly to gather, evaluate and preserve all the evidence to support your claim:
- We’ll investigate the accident, travel to the scene of the crash, so that we can take photographs of the road, including skid marks and gouges in the road. We’ll bring all necessary experts to the scene of the collision, including accident reconstruction specialists and safety specialists
- We’ll secure the electronic data from the truck’s on-board “black box,” so that we can determine exactly what the truck and driver were doing immediately before and at the time of the accident.
- We’ll obtain and review all driver logs, including time on the road and maintenance records, so that we can identify whether driver fatigue or negligent upkeep of the truck contributed to or caused the crash.
- We’ll bring in safety and mechanical experts to carefully inspect the truck to determine if brakes or other components were out of compliance.
- We’ll look at weigh station and cell phone records to determine if the truck was in violation of weight restrictions or the driver was on a device at the time of the wreck.
- We’ll interview all potential eyewitnesses to put together the most compelling arguments for your full financial recovery.
We’ll also work closely with an economic expert, so that we can demonstrate the full measure of your losses. We’ll help you pursue damages for the loss of financial support your loved one would have provided, for loss of consortium and companionships, for any unpaid medical expenses incurred because of the accident, and for all funeral and burial expenses.
Contact the Law Offices of Oresky & Associates, PLLC
Contact our offices online or call us at (718) 993-9999 to set up a free initial consultation with an experienced Bronx, Queens and New York City truck accident lawyer. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We take all personal injury accident cases on a contingency basis. You won’t pay any attorney fees unless we recover compensation for your losses.
We handle fatal truck accident claims throughout New York, from New York City, the Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn (Kings County) and Staten Island (Richmond County) to Westchester, Long Island, Suffolk County and Nassau County.
Listed by the New York Law Journal and New York Magazine
Top Verdicts and Settlements
2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014| 2015 | 2016