- Experience with personal injury and with car accidents
- Results that cover all your damages
- Testimonials that speak to the lawyer’s reputation
- Contact Our Car Accident Law Firm in Bronx, NY
Finding a lawyer to represent you in your car accident case requires research—there simply is no way around it. Begin your homework by searching online for car accident lawyers in your area (New York City, Bronx, or Queens, for example).
As you review their websites, check for the following characteristics:
- Experience in personal injury law—and with car accidents, specifically
- Results—financial value of settlements and awards
- Positive testimonials that speak to you
We shall now explore the relevance of each of these selection criteria.
Experience with personal injury and with car accidents
You are looking for a lawyer because you have experienced losses that you need—not just want—to recover. With so much at stake, you cannot afford to hire a lawyer without a proven track record. Look for experience.
Oresky & Associates, PLLC, has been helping the injured people of New York City for over 30 years. We know every turn your case can take, and the knowledge we have gained over these 30 years helps us to deftly navigate those turns.
Our lawyers have handled a broad range of motor vehicle accidents, including car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and construction site vehicle accidents.
We accept cases from accident victims in all five boroughs—Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Staten Island. We also serve Westchester, Suffolk, and Nassau counties.
Results that cover all your damages
A lawyer who leaves nothing on the table
You will want a lawyer who thoroughly evaluates the true value of your damages. This means finding someone who looks beyond past medical receipts and explores future and ongoing costs of treatment, rehabilitation, therapy, and medications.
They should consider not only how much income you have lost during recovery to date, but also how much your income will suffer in the future, perhaps due to your injury diminishing your ability to work—or to work at the same job you once did.
An attorney should talk with experts in the fields of medicine, occupational therapy, economics, and psychology to attach values to all the ways in which your injury has and will continue to cost you.
A lawyer who can negotiate
Finally, a lawyer should show their strong negotiation skills. They will need this ability to battle the insurance companies at the negotiation table and get you the settlement you deserve. Nice is nice, but you need someone who is willing and able to get aggressive with insurers and match them play by play when it comes to negotiating your settlement.
Our car accident clients have received millions in settlements and awards
Consider the following settlements and awards Oresky & Associates, PLLC, has recovered for our car accident victims:
- $5 million for the family of a pedestrian who died after being hit by a school bus
- $4.6 million verdict for an individual who suffered injury in a multi-car collision
- $4.5 million in a wrongful death case for the family of an elderly pedestrian killed in an automobile accident
- $3.45 million for a person who endured multiple surgeries after being struck by a commercial van
- $1.9 million verdict for a nursing home employee who suffered injury in an ambulette collision
- $1.5 million for an individual who was injured as a passenger in an auto accident
- $1.5 million for a pedestrian who was hit by a car and sustained severe injuries
- $1.2 million for the family of a hit-and-run accident victim who died from his injuries
- $1.1 million verdict for a taxicab passenger who sustained injuries in a car accident
- $1.1 million for the pedestrian victim of a truck accident
Check our website to review even more settlements and awards we have won for clients who suffered injury in car accidents.
Testimonials that speak to the lawyer’s reputation
In real estate, agents always talk “location, location, location.” In the legal industry, you can assess a law firm by “reputation, reputation, reputation.” Before hiring a lawyer to handle your car accident case, check into the firm’s reputation. Enter their name in Google and see what comes up in terms of ratings and reviews. If anyone has anything negative to say about their experience with the lawyer, you will definitely read it online.
You can also poke around the law firm’s website in search of testimonials. It is a good rule of thumb, that if clients are willing to say good things about a firm, they are being truthful. Of course, the more testimonials, the better.
Also, because finding the right lawyer means different things to different people, testimonials will help you focus your search lens not just on finding the right car accident lawyer, but on finding the right car accident lawyer for you. Testimonials tend to fill in the blanks that will let you know if this is the right firm for you.
If you have some time, check out our testimonials
Oresky & Associates, PLLC, prides itself on pleasing our clients. You can visit our website to read for yourself just how happy our clients are with our service. We have too many testimonials on our website to list here, but you can consider some of the following snippets:
- “Jacob Oresky & Associates are the best attorneys in the Bronx. I recommend them to every single person that had an accident.”
- “I had a car accident and was hurt really bad. Jacob Oresky took my case and helped me in every step of the way. He made sure that the insurance company paid all my medical expenses and that I was compensated for all my pain. The staff was always friendly and willing to help.”
- “Thanks to Jacob Oresky I received my settlement sooner than I expected. I thought that my case would take longer, but with Jacob Oresky it was hassle free…I was continually notified of the status of my case.”
- “They explained everything to me. They made sure that I understood everything about my case. They made me feel like I was part of their family.”
- “…His staff made me feel as if I was part of their family. If I had to choose another attorney all over, he would be the only one on my list…”
- “I recommend the attorney Jacob Oresky to every single person that had suffered any type of accident. They took my case and treated me like family.”
Contact Our Car Accident Law Firm in Bronx, NY
The car accident lawyers at Oresky & Associates, PLLC, look forward to hearing about your case. If you need legal assistance, contact the Bronx car accident lawyers at Oresky & Associates, PLLC at your nearest location to schedule a free consultation.
We have two convenient locations in New York: