A ladder accident lawyer in New York City can protect your rights and help you recover compensation if you were injured on a construction job site, even if you are undocumented.
Workers’ compensation does not compensate you for damages for pain and suffering or certain other economic losses after a ladder accident. You have only one chance to recover damages from those responsible for your injuries. Too often, injured construction workers don’t receive the full compensation that they are entitled to, and are persuaded by their bosses not to pursue their legal rights with promises of future cash payments, that never happen.
Call Oresky & Associates, pllc for a free, no obligation, consultation today at (718) 993-9999. A member of our firm can either arrange for transportation to our office or can meet with you at your home or the hospital. You deserve a strong, legal advocate who is on your side.
We Are Always There to Help the Community
Oresky & Associates, pllc is dedicated to helping injured clients recover compensation from all liable parties. We stand up to powerful defendants in the New York City construction industry for clients who are injured and become disabled while on the job.
We treat clients like family, and are ready to sit down with you and fully explain all of your legal rights.
Multi-million Dollar Settlements
Here are some of the results achieved by our ladder accident lawyers:
- $18 million verdict for a severely injured undocumented carpenter who was forced to climb on the side of scaffolding as a makeshift ladder.
- $9.9 million dollar settlement for a construction worker injured during the construction of a skyscraper.
- $6.6 million for a construction worker who suffered extensive injuries from a scaffolding accident.
- $6.5 million dollar verdict for an undocumented worker who fell more than 20 feet to the ground when the scaffolding collapsed.
- $6 million dollars was awarded to a construction worker injured in a ladder accident while installing a window frame.
- $3.9 million dollars was awarded to an injured construction worker after the ladder that he was using tipped over.
The construction industry has the highest number of ladder accidents with injury or death, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). That is why you should consult with a ladder accident lawyer in New York City who protects your rights and fights for your compensation. Call Oresky & Associates, pllc for a free consultation today: (718) 993-9999.
How Oresky & Associates, pllc Can Help You
Life after a construction accident is disrupted in many ways. In our experience, the most threatening disruption is your family’s financial security. If you cannot work, you cannot pay your medical bills and other expenses.
A ladder accident attorney with our firm may help you recover compensation including:
- Lost union benefits
- Money damages for past pain and suffering caused by your injuries
- Money damages for future pain and suffering caused by injuries
- Rehabilitation (such as physical therapy)
- Loss of services
- Lost wages
- Future Damages
Our entire staff is dedicated to helping you and your family. We treat our clients the way we would want to be treated: with compassion, patience, dignity, and respect.
What We Do
Oresky & Associates, pllc pursues money damages on your behalf so that can focus on recovering from your injuries, with services that may include:
- Building a case against all liable parties.
- Complete Investigation to help prove a case at trial.
- Witness Statements
- Photographing the accident scene
- Connecting you with Workers’ Compensation lawyers.
- Compiling medical records.
- Communication with your medical providers.
- Hiring expert witnesses for trial.
- Communicating and negotiating a settlement.
- Preparing your case for settlement or law suit.
Throughout this process, we protect your rights, regardless of your immigration status.
Your Rights After a Ladder Accident
New York labor laws are complex. A ladder accident lawyer serving New York City has a deep understanding of these labor laws, particularly as they relate to ladder injuries:
- NY Labor Law 200 protects your right to work in a safe construction site.
- NY Labor Law 240.1 (known as the “Scaffolding Law”) requires certain construction owners and contractors to provide specific safety equipment for workers at elevated heights and to protect against height related accidents.
- NY Labor Law 241 details how construction sites should be managed and operated.
Please do not accept any settlement for your injuries (even if it is a “handshake” deal) until you have called Oresky & Associates, pllc. A ladder accident attorney from our firm can advise you about your legal rights and how to pursue additional money damages.
Why Ladder Accidents Occur
In our experience, the most frequent causes of ladder accidents on construction sites include:
- Improperly secured ladders
- Improper us of ladders
- Worn or damaged ladders
- Height of the ladder not appropriate for job
- Ladder not placed on stable, level area
- Failure to provide safety devices to be used with a ladder.
We Are on Your Side
Your employer may try and talk you out of speaking with a lawyer. Your pursuing just compensation should not be prevented by promises of future dollars from your boss. You have legal rights to pursue Workers’ Compensation, and have your medical bills and lost wages covered. In addition you may be entitled to a settlement or jury verdict for damages for personal injuries. Don’t let your boss talk you out of having a free, no obligation consultation. A ladder accident lawyer in New York City can help you recover damages for medical bills, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses caused by your injuries.
Call Oresky & Associates, pllc now for a free consultation: (718) 993-9999.