Nursing homes have an obligation to provide a safe, clean living environment. Unfortunately, many nursing homes fail to uphold this obligation.
If your spouse or parent has suffered from nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect, there is no time to waste. If the situation is life-threatening, call 9-1-1. Then, connect with a nursing home abuse attorney in New York City. We will identify the liable parties, file necessary complaints, and pursue damages for pain and suffering.
Oresky & Associates, pllc has recovered more than $400 million in damages for New Yorkers who were harmed by negligence or wrongdoing. Let us help you and your loved one.
For a free consultation, please call (718) 993-9999.
Types of Abuse in Nursing Homes
A nursing home abuse lawyer can help you and your loved one in all types of nursing home abuse cases, including those that involve:
- Physical abuse
- Bed Sores
- Emotional abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Financial abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Financial abuse
- Wrongful death
If you or a loved one is suffering from abuse in a nursing facility, seek legal help right away. Nursing home abuse is often an underreported crime that affects helpless elderly people. Victims of nursing home abuse and neglect are often reluctant to report the abuse for fear that it will escalate. Do not allow the abuse to continue or go unreported. We can help you if you or someone you love is a victim of abuse.
We Fight For Your Rights in Nursing Home Abuse Cases
Some nursing home abuse victims are afraid to seek legal counsel because they (or their family members) are not citizens.
A nursing home abuse attorney in New York City from our firm will protect you and your loved one’s legal rights. Our nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys work for you on a contingency basis. You do not owe us legal fees unless and until we successfully recover compensation on your behalf.
Our friendly bilingual team of attorneys is ready to help.
- Evaluate your case with a free consultation
- Help investigate nursing home abuse or neglect
- Guide you in reporting elderly abuse in a nursing home
- Connect you with medical care and even accompany you and your loved one if you need translation services
- Gather evidence of abuse and neglect
- Valuate your damages for past and future pain and suffering caused by injuries
- File an insurance claim and negotiate an acceptable settlement
- Take your case to court if negotiations are unsatisfactory
You entrusted a nursing home with your spouse, parent, grandparent, or another family member. When this trust is shattered, it is normal to feel overwhelmed. Please call Oresky & Associates, pllc today for a free consultation: (718) 993-9999.
How We Recover Money Damages in Nursing Home Abuse Cases
Your loved one is injured and now you are faced with expenses for medical treatment, relocation, and other losses, not to mention the pain and suffering of such a traumatic event.
A nursing home abuse attorney will build a case to prove liability. We know how to investigate nursing home abuse cases with a careful process that includes:
- Reviewing medical records, test results and reports to understand the full extent of the injury
- Requesting information on the facility and caregivers, including training, background checks, and previous violations
- Securing testimony from medical experts, witnesses, and police (or other first responders)
- Taking photos or videos of your loved one’s injuries, torn clothes, and other photographic evidence of abuse or neglect
Our firm understands nursing home abuse and neglect cases and relevant state and federal regulations. We can report nursing home abuse to the proper authorities as we work to recover damages on your behalf.
We Have Recovered Millions for Clients
Any nursing home facility that allows or ignores acts of nursing home abuse and neglect should be held accountable. A nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer with Oresky & Associates, pllc will seek damages for such expenses as:
- Past pain and suffering caused by injuries
- Future pain and suffering caused by injuries
- Emergency or rehabilitative medical treatment
- Relocation and moving costs
- Wrongful Death
Our nursing home abuse attorneys are committed to your comfort and confidence. One of our clients stated, “They made sure that I understood everything about my case. They made me feel like I was part of their family.” We would be honored to welcome you and your loved one into our family, too.
Why Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Occurs
Nursing home abuse and neglect may constitute criminal acts. A nursing home abuse lawyer can report what happened to the appropriate agencies. You and your loved one have the right to pursue damages when a nursing home fails to uphold its duty to protect a resident from harm.
There is no excuse for abusing the most vulnerable citizens. Often times neglect may be caused by:
- Inadequate training
- Insufficient staff that leads to a high caregiver-to-resident ratio
- Incomplete background checks
- Negligent supervision of residents, leading to violence or abuse between residents
- High employee turnover
Warning Signs: How to Recognize Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Abusive caregivers tend to gravitate toward victims who are socially isolated or who are physically or cognitively challenged. That is why our nursing home abuse attorneys want you to be aware of the warning signs of abuse, including:
- Unexplained bruises, burns, or falls
- Dirty, unkempt appearance and living space
- Missing money or valuables
- Appearing fearful or agitated when abuser is present
- Withdrawing from favorite activities or refusing a telephone or in-person visit
If you suspect that your loved one is the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, do not wait. It is better to be proactive than regret inaction if tragedy strikes.