The collapse of a scaffold, or a fall from scaffolding, can have serious consequences. If you have been injured in a scaffold accident, you need an experienced scaffold accident lawyer. The steps you take immediately after a scaffold accident can have a significant impact on your ability to pay for your medical expenses and seek lost wages through Workers’ Compensation. In addition you may also be entitled to commence a law suit to recover money damages for pain and suffering, loss of services of a spouse, lost union benefits, and other damages allowable by law.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Evaluate your injuries — If you were hurt in a scaffolding accident, determine whether you need emergency medical attention. If so have someone call an ambulance and wait for emergency medical services to arrive. Do not allow someone to talk you out of seeking medical care if you have been injured. Answer all questions from medical providers truthfully. Do not allow your boss or foreman to influence your history on how the accident happened. Often times dishonest company owners attempt to influence workers to state that their injuries occurred off the job, so their Workers’ Compensation rates are not affected.
- Get a medical examination — If you have been injured in a fall from a scaffold, have a complete medical examination. Give the doctors and other medical care providers a complete history of what hurts. Some injuries get worse and some injuries get better over time. Its important that your treating doctor establishes all injured areas, so that your case can properly be established for treatment as well as for Workers’ Compensation purposes. Don’t focus all your attention on the obvious injuries and ignore other trauma. The pain in your back may still limit your movement long after your broken leg has healed.
- Notify your employer — Notify your employer of the accident as soon as possible the law requires written notice, this must be done within 30 days.
- Take pictures — Use your camera on your phone to take pictures of everything, from your injuries to the scene of an accident.
- Contact an attorney — The sooner you retain a lawyer, the sooner you can start preserving evidence to support your claim. In many cases involving scaffold collapses, or falls from scaffolds at construction sites, or building related trades, you may have a strong case to recover damages for personal injuries, pain and suffering as well as other economic loss in addition to Workers’ Compensation. Find out your rights, and what you may be entitled to as a result of your accident case.
Experienced New York Scaffold Accident Lawyers
At the law offices of Oresky & Associates, PLLC, we have successfully obtained many multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts in construction, scaffold, and ladder accident cases, including:
- $18 million verdict for a carpenter who fell off a scaffold at a construction site
- $7.5 million settlement for a worker injured in a fall from a sidewalk bridge
- $6.6 million dollar award for a construction worker hurt in a fall from a scaffold
- $4.5 million dollar recovery in a scaffold collapse case
- $3.25 million settlement for a worker who fell from a scaffold
- $3 million settlement in a scaffold collapse case
- $2.7 million in a claim involving a fall from scaffolding
Contact Our Construction Accident Law Firm in Bronx, NY
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury or died in a New York construction site accident, the law offices of Oresky & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you. Contact us online or call our. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We represent personal injury victims throughout the New York City metropolitan area, including the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, Long Island, (Nassau County and Suffolk County) and Westchester County.
We handle all construction site accident injury claims on a contingency basis. You won’t incur any attorney fees unless we get compensation for your losses. If you need legal assistance, contact the Bronx construction accident lawyers at Oresky & Associates, PLLC at your nearest location to schedule a free consultation.
We have two convenient locations in New York:
Prior results do not guarantee a future similar outcome