Virtually any type of injury can occur in the workplace or while performing your job. However, certain injuries are more common than others. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the following are the top 10 most common workplace injuries:
- Sprains and strains led the most common workplace injury list by a wide margin, accounting for more than 1/3 of work related injuries, including workplace accidents involving strenuous work such as truck loading and heavy lifting.
- Bruises and contusions (including being struck from falling debris or another type of accident at a construction site)
- Cuts and lacerations (including cuts from saws, cutting instruments and lacerations from machinery with sharp parts)
- Fractures and broken bones (including scaffold and ladder falls)
- Multiple traumatic injuries (including injuries from falls or industrial and building accidents)
- Heat burns (including burns from coming in contact with hot materials)
- Chemical burns (including burns from acids in solvents, etc)
- Amputations and severed limbs (including fingers and toes, feet and hands, and arms and legs)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and other repetitive stress injuries (including typing and other computer work)
If you have been involved in a workplace accident, it is important to consult an experienced personal injury attorney to ensure your legal and financial interests are protected, you understand your options and you are in a position to maximize your compensation and benefits.
In New York, the personal injury law firm of Oresky & Associates, PLLC. has extensive experience handling a wide range of injuries arising from New York workplace accidents, including the injuries listed above, as well as representation in wrongful death claims arising from a workplace accident. We are available 7 days a week and 24 hours a day to assist you and answer your questions regarding your New York personal injury claim.
Our New York personal injury attorneys have earned their reputation for maximizing compensation and benefits for workplace accident claims, including serious injury claims that prevent you from working, including short term, long term and permanent injury. Of course, options regarding compensation and benefits available to you will depend on the facts of your particular claim. Each injury claim is unique and representation is tailored to the facts of your case. Fortunately, our experienced New York personal injury attorneys can analyze your claim and properly present you with your options. You can also take comfort in knowing your claim is being aggressively pursued and professionally handled by an attorney who is dedicated to maximizing your compensation and benefits.
Contact Our Workplace Accident Law Firm in Bronx, NY
For additional information about New York workplace accident claims, including third party personal injury claims, or to discuss your workplace accident claim with an experienced New York personal injury attorney, contact the Bronx workplace accident lawyers at Oresky & Associates, PLLC at your nearest location to schedule a free consultation.
We have two convenient locations in New York: