Free Consultation - No Matter Your Legal Status 718-993-9999
Auto Accidents

When Is An Injury From a Motor Vehicle Accident “Serious” Enough to Consult With a Lawyer?

Most people who are injured in an automobile accident want to know if their injuries are “serious” enough to sue. Each case is different, and even if you did not break a bone, your injuries may be “serious” enough for a lawsuit. Generally, if you did not go to a hospital immediately after the accident or seek medical treatment within a reasonable time afterwards, then it is not worth your time to proceed with a claim. However, if you went to the hospital, sought additional medical treatment, and continued to experience pain that interferes with your daily life then you may want to consult a lawyer about a possible lawsuit.

For example, if your injuries prevent you from returning to work then you may wish to discuss your situation with a lawyer. If you are not employed, but your injuries prevent you from doing your household chores, cooking, cleaning, shopping, playing sports, going to school, and doing other routine daily activities, then you may wish to consult a lawyer. If your injuries prevent you from sitting long, standing long, walking long, or moving your body normally, then you may want to speak with a lawyer.

You may be concerned about who will pay your medical bills and who will pay for your lost wages. In an automobile accident, the insurance policy for the motor vehicle involved, provides No-Fault insurance coverage which generally covers your reasonable and necessary medical expenses and a portion of your lost wages. Lost wages will generally be paid at 80% of your earnings up to a maximum payment of $2,000 per month for up to three years. The maximum combined benefit for medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses is $50,000.00. There are exceptions, and procedures must be followed in order to receive No-Fault benefits. A lawyer can help you receive your No- Fault benefits at the same time you proceed with a lawsuit.

If you or a loved one have been injured in an automobile accident you may want to contact an experienced attorney who can analyze the facts of your case and determine if your injuries are “serious” enough for a lawsuit. We offer over 20 years of experience at Oresky & Associates, PLLC. and are here to help you.

Contact Our Car Accident Law Firm in Bronx, NY

If you need legal assistance, contact the Bronx car accident lawyers at Oresky & Associates, PLLC at your nearest location to schedule a free consultation.

We have two convenient locations in New York:

Oresky & Associates, PLLC – Bronx Office
149 E 149th St
Bronx, NY 10451
(718) 993-9999

Oresky & Associates, PLLC – Queens Office
104-09 Roosevelt Ave
Queens, NY 11368
(347) 507-3884

Your Legal Status Doesn't Matter

We’re Ready to Review Your Case and Fight for You

Our convenient office locations in the Bronx, Queens, and Manhattan are staffed with bilingual staff members who are prepared to help you recover money for your losses. We will handle everything involved with your personal injury case.

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

24/7 live chat, video chat or phone calls
Call Now Button